Take your home-cooked salmon to the next level with this 5 ingredient bourbon honey air fried salmon. If I’m being honest, I was never a fan of cooking salmon at home until 2022. I always either under-seasoned or overcooked my filets. Salmon is also a food that I don’t personally enjoy reheated…so it was tough for me to include it often as an enthusiastic meal prep-er. So for a while salmon was just my “restaurant” dish. I would scope out menus for a nice glazed salmon entree to enjoy because I could never get it right at home.
But, just like I encourage others to do…I kept trying. I’ve tried different flavors and cooking methods – stovetop, baked, smoked (my second favorite!), and then…the air fryer. Oh. my. Y’all – if you haven’t cooked salmon in the air fryer you are SERIOUSLY missing out. It’s so melt-in-your-mouth-like-butter good! Greg always showers me with compliments when I make air-fried salmon. The best part? It’s so stinking easy and fast. We’ve enjoyed this recipe so much that we’ve had it multiple nights in a row (yes – you read that right, I cooked multiple nights in a row so you KNOW this one is easy).
Air Fried Salmon Ingredients
You only need FIVE ingredients for this recipe, and you already have most of them in your pantry or spice rack:
- Garlic powder
- Basic Bee Bourbon Honey
It really is that simple. It’s no secret that I love honey. It’s one of my favorite flavors in the kitchen and holds such a personal family tie since my grandpa was known as the “Bee Man.” This Basic Bee bourbon honey is so versatile – it’s fabulous as a glaze, in salad dressings, in cocktails, or simply drizzled on a slice of peanut butter banana toast. If you’re a honey lover too, then you need to try my smoked honey vinaigrette that I make for my Fall Harvest Bowls.
Prepare your salmon by slicing into your desired servings. I recommend 4-6oz portions. Pat each filet dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Pop it into the air-fryer and cook it for a few minutes before glazing. Since the bourbon honey is a thinner consistency than traditional honey, I recommend glazing every 2 minutes in the air-fryer until done. A thin glaze allows you to coat the filet without wasting honey, and it’s much easier to clean up! Speaking of clean up, I simply place my air-fryer basket in some hot soapy water and any honey drippings come right off!
I love to pair this salmon with some sheet pan broccoli and potatoes. Once plated, I add one last drizzle of the honey for maximum flavor. If you start on the broccoli and potatoes first, you can whip up a delicious, healthy meal in under 45 minutes!
Air Fried Salmon with Bourbon Honey GlazePrint Recipe
- 1 lb salmon filets
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 0.25 tsp black pepper
- 0.25 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp Basic Bee bourbon honey separated – 1 tbsp used while cooking, 1 tbsp used to top when finished
- Pre-heat air fryer to 390F
- Pat salmon filets dry with paper towel
- Sprinkle each filet with salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Place filets into air fryer basket – make sure there is some space in between!
- Air fry at 390F for 6 minutes
- Pour 1 tbsp honey into a small dish
- Glaze top of filets with a brush of honey
- Air fry for 2 minutes
- Repeat glaze and 2 minute air fry until desired done-ness. I usually do 2 rounds for a total cooking time of ~10 minutes – timing will depend on your air fryer model and the thickness of your filet.*Be sure to check on the salmon to make sure the top does not burn towards the end!
- Plate and drizzle filets with additional 1 tbsp bourbon honey