Copycat Starbucks Turkey Bacon Sandwich Recipe
The Starbucks turkey bacon sandwich is a favorite menu item whenever I’m on the road. It’s low in fat and high in protein compared to other options. Of course I’m not mad about the little bit of fiber I can get from the whole wheat english muffin too!
If you love this egg white sandwich as much as I do, it’s time to start making it at home! This copycat Starbucks recipe has only 4 simple ingredients and is a protein-packed and reduced-fat simple breakfast option. I love to serve these with a greek yogurt and berry parfait to further increase the protein and fiber for hunger management!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What’s in the Starbucks turkey bacon sandwich?
Anytime I want to make a copycat recipe, I first start with looking at the ingredients listed online. You can find the ingredients and nutrition facts for this Starbucks egg white breakfast sandwich here.
Whole wheat english muffins: Choosing a 100% whole wheat english muffin adds a bit of fiber to this recipe, but don’t worry – any english muffin will do here.
Turkey bacon: Turkey bacon is a leaner option compared regular bacon. Choosing turkey bacon helps reduce the total fat in this recipe.
Egg whites: Egg whites also reduce the total fat present in this recipe. However, feel free to keep your yolk and do 1 whole egg per sandwich for greater nutrient density and less food waste!
White cheddar cheese: Choosing a reduced-fat white cheddar cheese will make an exact replica of this sandwich at home. However, I have never been able to find a “reduced-fat” white cheddar. Sometimes white cheddar slices are even hard to find in my stores!
This recipe uses thin-sliced white cheddar by Tillamook that I have found at my local Target. Thin-sliced cheese is a smaller serving and therefore a bit lower in fat. Truthfully…any slice of cheese will work here, but if you want to stick as close to the original as possible, go for reduced-fat yellow cheddar slices. There’s really no difference aside from the coloring!
Nutrition Facts Comparison
The original turkey bacon, egg white, and cheddar sandwich from Starbucks is listed as 230 calories with 5 g of fat, 28 g of carbs (with 3 g fiber!), and 17 g protein.
My copycat version comes out to 235 calories with 8 g of fat, 25 g of carbs (with 4 g fiber!), and 17 g protein.
Not too shabby. 🙂
- Any sized skillet
If meal prepping:
- Large skillet or silicone egg mold to cook several egg whites at once
- Large skillet or baking sheet to cook several slices of turkey bacon at once
- Airtight container and/or plastic wrap or other freezer friendly storage container
This recipe is for a single sandwich, but see notes and amounts below for how to make several at once.
Here is what you’ll need:
whole wheat english muffin
slice of turkey bacon
reduced-fat or thin-sliced cheddar cheese
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Pre-heat your skillet over medium heat
Step 2: Spray a spritz of cooking spray if necessary and add your turkey bacon to the hot skillet. I prefer a crispier turkey bacon, so I cook them for ~5 minutes per side.
Step 3: Once you flip your turkey bacon after several minutes, you can add your egg whites to the pan. Cook 1-2 minutes per side. These will cook FAST. I suggest flipping once the bottom of the egg white is firm and white.
Step 4: Toast english muffin in a standard toaster, toaster oven, air fryer, or under the broiler in your oven. You could start this step along with step 3 so that everything is hot at the same time.
Step 5: Assemble your sandwich – add cooked turkey bacon, cooked egg whites, and a slice of cheese to the toasted english muffin. Enjoy!
How to meal prep Starbucks turkey bacon sandwich
The following suggestions would make enough for 6 sandwiches. You can prep your egg whites and turkey bacon to simply assemble the day-of. You could also make several sandwiches at once and store in the fridge for up to 3-4 days or stash some in the freezer for a healthy breakfast option in a pinch.
Meal prep egg whites
My favorite way to meal prep eggs for sandwiches is by mixing them with some cottage cheese + seasoning and baking them in a silicone egg mold. Although I have yet to use this method 100% successfully with all egg whites – just being honest! The quality is best when made with whole eggs. However, I have had some success making plain egg whites in the oven with my silicone molds – they are just VERY fragile!
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Lightly whisk 12 egg whites with salt and pepper
- Pour evenly into egg molds and bake for 10-15 minutes or until set
- Allow to cool and very gently remove from molds
- Assemble sandwiches or store in an airtight container for assembly day-of
- Whisk 6 eggs whites with salt and pepper
- If you have a large skillet, you might be able to do all 12 at once!
- Add to a preheated pan over low-medium heat with cooking spray if necessary
- Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the bottom of the egg whites are firm and white
- Gently flip (like a pancake!) and cook until eggs are no longer runny
- Slice into strips for 3 sandwiches
- Repeat to make enough for an additional 3 sandwiches
- Allow to cool and assemble sandwiches or store in an airtight container for assembly day-of
Meal prep turkey bacon
- Pre-heat a large skillet over medium heat
- Line 6 pieces of turkey bacon in hot skillet – don’t overlap!
- Cook 5+ minutes per side or until desired crisp
- Pre-heat your oven to 400F
- Add 6 turkey bacon strips to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper in a single layer
- Cook for 10 minutes, flip, and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes or until desired crisp
Heating pre-made sandwiches
For assembled sandwiches, I suggest warming them in a damp paper towel in the microwave then crisping them in an air fryer or under the broiler on parchment paper in your oven!
If you are assembling your prepped items the day of, toast your english muffin, heat your bacon and egg white patty in the microwave for 30-60 seconds, then assemble and add cheese.
For another simple & protein-packed breakfast…try my egg bites or breakfast casserole!
Starbucks Turkey Bacon SandwichPrint Recipe
- 1 whole wheat english muffin
- 1 slice turkey bacon
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 slice Tillamook thin-sliced white cheddar or any reduced-fat or thin sliced cheddar cheese
- Heat a pan over medium heat
- Add a spritz of cooking spray along with your turkey bacon – cook 3-5 minutes per side or until desired crisp
- Once you flip your turkey bacon, add your egg whites to the pan – cook 1-2 minutes per side*They'll cook fast! Wait for the bottom of your egg white to become white and solid so that it can flip easily.
- Toast your english muffin in a standard toaster, air fryer, or under the broiler in your oven
- Assemble your sandwich – add cooked turkey bacon, cooked egg whites, and slice of cheese to the toasted english muffin*See post for meal prep ideas
Did you make this recipe?
Mention or tag me on social media @lifeisgoldin so that I can see! You can also leave a comment or review below!