Easy Meal Prep White Chicken Chili
This easy meal prep white chicken chili is a STAPLE in my house when it starts to get cool! I love plugging this into our meal prep for the week, but it’s also just a simple option to throw together for the family if needed!
White Chicken Chili
I cook my meal prep white chicken chili in my Ninja Foodi XL Pressure Cooker. I have an older model, but I’m sure it’s just gotten better and better with newer versions. We have several Ninja appliances (pressure cooker, coffee pot, and blender) – and have been very happy with ’em all!
If you don’t have a pressure cooker, you could easily adjust cooking times to make this recipe in a slow cooker – try low for 6-8hr or high for 3-4…you mainly want the chicken to cook through and shred easily.
Speaking of shredding chicken…if you’re not using an electric mixer to shred your chicken, you are MISSING OUT! I saw this all over social media a while back, and waited (too long) to try it out. It can get messy…so make sure that you’re using a LARGE bowl.
Some white chicken chili recipes add some type of cream or cream cheese directly to the pot. I prefer to keep mine broth-based and then add in sour cream to individual bowls to make it a bit creamier. This is how my mom used to make taco soup for us growing up…so it kind of stuck with me! It also helps keep the fat content low and easy to adjust if needed. Consider topping with some avocado slices or shredded cheese too!
One item that I can’t go without – tortilla or corn chips. I’ve seen a lot of “alternative” chips in grocery stores and online. We don’t personally have any kind of food allergies or intolerances over here…so there’s no true need to shell out double the price for speciality chips. We just get the good ‘ole Tostito’s scoops – usually multigrain, but baked would be my top pick…just depends on what we can find!
Pressure Cooker White Chicken ChiliPrint Recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 4 medium bell peppers any color
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 0.5 tsp salt or more to taste
- 0.5 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 0.25 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 lb chicken breast ~3 whole chicken breasts
- 8 oz diced green chilis I used a 7oz can and it worked great!
- 2 cans corn, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Using pressure cooker pot, turn on sauté mode
- Add olive oil and onion to pot – sauté until translucent
- Add chopped bell pepper – cook for an additional 2-3 minutes
- Add seasoning – salt, pepper, garlic, cumin, chili powder, oregano, cayenne pepper
- Add chicken breast
- Add green chilis, corn, white beans, and broth – stir to combine
- Set to high pressure for 10 minutes – I usually let the pressure release naturally for an additional 5-10 minutes
- Remove chicken & shred in a large bowl
- Add chicken back to pot and mix well
- Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese, avocado, and/or tortilla chips!