The Best Lemon and Dill Yogurt Sauce
This lemon & dill yogurt sauce is your new favorite low-calorie, high protein drizzle for your mediterranean bowls, salads, and pitas!
My secret ingredient
Whole milk Greek yogurt
If you’re new around here…this is a staple ingredient in my kitchen for dressings & sauces! It’s my favorite alternative for mayo to create a creamy texture without the excess calories from fat. A lot of “greek yogurt” dip/sauce/dressing recipes will use 0%/fat-free plain yogurt. I find that whole milk greek yogurt is significantly less fat than mayo…but without the chalky/overly tart taste of the fat-free products. If you feel like experimenting…make a recipe with both and taste the difference!
Fresh lemon, garlic, & dill
There’s nothing wrong with bottled lemon juice and dried seasoning and herbs, but I do find the flavor isn’t as strong. I would plan to make it ahead of time & let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours for the flavors to come through!
Tip: start saving up glass bottles or jars from other salad dressings, jams, etc to use for storing homemade dressings & sauces!
How to use
My favorite way to use this lemon yogurt sauce is in a mediterranean bowl. I love to drizzle it on a bowl of greek marinated chicken, quinoa, and cucumber/tomato/feta salad. This also doubles as a fantastic overall salad dressing!
Lemon & Dill Yogurt SaucePrint Recipe
- 1 cup whole milk greek yogurt
- 1/2 large lemon, zest + juice or more to taste
- 0.5 pack fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 0.5 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 0.25 tsp black pepper (or to taste)
- Add all of your ingredients to a medium bowl and combine. Pour into an airtight glass or container and store in fridge. Best if made in advance and stored in fridge for a few hours or overnight before using!