Forget boring and bland meal prep and let’s spice up your next weekly menu with this shredded buffalo chicken recipe. This shredded buffalo chicken is sure to simplify your weekly cooking without sacrificing flavor because it is only four ingredients!
Ingredients in meal prep shredded buffalo chicken
Whenever I am cooking flavored chicken in my pressure cooker, I like to add a layer of roughly chopped onions to the bottom just to prevent any potential burning. However, it’s not necessary!
I typically meal prep fresh chicken breast, but chicken thighs would also work well. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly. Sometimes I will cube chicken into bite-sized pieces before pressure cooking (like in my teriyaki chicken recipe), but I prefer to keep the chicken breast whole with the buffalo flavor.
Adding a little bit of chicken broth helps the pressure cooking process and also tones down some of the buffalo spice.
I like to use a buffalo wing sauce like Frank’s or a comparable generic store brand. Make sure to check your nutrition labels because some wing sauces will creep up in added fat!
Make my buffalo shredded chicken a balanced meal
I mainly use this buffalo shredded chicken in a toasted wrap or quesadilla because it pairs well with some mozzarella and/or blue cheese. I also like to add some shredded cabbage for additional texture + nutrients. Try plating it with some carrots and celery + greek yogurt ranch dip. To make the ranch dip, all you need to do is mix 1 cup of plain whole milk greek yogurt with 2-3 tbsp of dry ranch seasoning or however much needed to suit your taste. Yum!
Balanced Meal Inspo
It’s no surprise that I am constantly using my Ninja Foodie Pressure Cooker when it comes to meal prepping. If you enjoyed this recipe, then you need to check out my other pressure cooker recipes!
Buffalo Shredded ChickenPrint Recipe
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 2 lb chicken breast 3 pieces
- 0.5 cup chicken broth
- 1.5 cup buffalo wing sauce
- Roughly chop onion and add to bottom of pressure cooker pot
- Add chicken broth
- Place chicken breast on top of onions*For additional flavor, add some garlic and onion powder
- Pour buffalo sauce over chicken breast
- Secure pressure cooker lid and cook for 8-10 minutes
- Quick release pressure cooker valve
- Remove chicken from buffalo mixture & shred in a large bowl
- Add 1 cup of buffalo sauce back to shredded chicken. Add additional sauce until chicken is moist but not swimming in excess sauce