This flavorful & veggie packed mediterranean pasta salad is the perfect side dish to bring to your next gathering…or pair it with grilled chicken for your own easy meal prep!
Mediterranean pasta salad ingredients
This recipe calls for a 1lb package of dry pasta. Cook according to the directions and allow it to cool on the side. I rinse my pasta in cold water to stop the cooking process and add it to a large bowl with a drizzle of olive oil. The olive oil is optional, but it helps prevent the pasta from sticking together if storing in the fridge separately from the dressing. I prefer to use a basil infused olive oil to add a little bit of extra flavor!
I like to use a variety of colors from bell pepper, cucumber, tomato, and red onion. If you are making this recipe to have on hand for meal prep during the week…I highly suggest holding off on adding chopped cucumber and tomato until the night before (or up to 2 days before) to keep things fresh.
Olives are optional…but not not in my house. 🙂 I add whole or sliced kalamata olives to my individual bowls.
Lemon Feta dressing
This is the real star of the show here. I’ve made this meal with just the pasta, veggies, and some olive oil topped with feta crumbles. It was great…but turning the feta into a dressing is a game changer. With just 5 ingredients…it comes together in a pinch and adds a much needed pop of flavor to this dish!
Balanced meal ideas
If following my meal planning structure, this mediterranean pasta checks the following boxes: grain, color, and flavor. The only missing piece is a lean protein like grilled shrimp, chicken breast, or chicken thighs!
For another drool worthy pasta meal prep, check out my loaded veggie lasagna bowls!
Mediterranean Pasta SaladPrint Recipe
- 1 lb dry pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large bell pepper any color
- 2 medium cucumber or 1 large "english" cucumber
- 0.25 small red onion
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup olives any kind, optional
Lemon Feta Dressing
- 1.5 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 0.75 cup plain greek yogurt, nonfat
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 0.5 tsp garlic powder
- 0.25 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Cook pasta in salted water according to directions on package
- Drain and rinse pasta in cool water. Transfer to a large bowl and toss in olive oil. Set aside to cool.*Meal prep tip: I divide the pasta into individual containers at this point to help with even portioning.
- Chop bell pepper, cucumber, tomato, and red onion. Add to bowl with pasta.*Meal prep tip: I spread the veggies evenly between containers. I prefer to chop and add the cucumber and tomato the night before eating to maintain quality.
- Add ingredients for feta dressing to food processor. Blend until desired consistency. I like when it is still a little chunky!
- If serving immediately, pour feta dressing on top of pasta + veggies and toss well to combine.*Meal prep tip: I portion my dressing into reusable, silicone baking cups to add the day of to maintain quality.