Easy Fiesta Chicken – Perfect for Meal Prep!
Ready to no longer dread the meal prep process or feel tired of bland meals during the week? This easy fiesta chicken recipe has only 5 ingredients and less than 10 steps!
My nutrition coaching clients rave about how simple this recipe is to make, and they mention that they don’t get tired of it during the week because it’s so flavorful! You could use this fiesta chicken as a high-quality & flavorful protein source for taco salads, burrito bowls, tacos, and quesadillas.
Main ingredients in fiesta chicken
Boneless skinless chicken thighs
The best past about this recipe is that you dump all of the ingredients into a slow cooker, set on high for ~3 hours or low for ~6 hours and walk away. The end result is a super flavorful high protein addition to your meal!
You could use chicken breast in place of chicken thighs. I tend to prefer chicken thighs over chicken breast because they don’t dry out as easily. If you do choose to use chicken breast…consider adding a jar of salsa to help submerge the chicken with a flavorful liquid. Be sure to cook on low for 6-8 hours. Chicken breast tends to come out dry if cooked on high in a slow cooker!
Make meal prep fiesta shredded chicken a balanced meal
My favorite way to enjoy this meal prep fiesta chicken is in a burrito bowl, but you could also use it in tacos and quesadillas too! I start with rice or quinoa, add some fajita bell peppers & onions, a serving of the chicken, and then top with some shredded cheese. It makes the perfect meal prep because you can pop the whole meal in the microwave at once. It’s a great meal idea to pack for a lunch at work!
Balanced Meal Inspo
If you enjoyed this simple chicken recipe, then you’ll LOVE my pressure cooker white chicken chili!
Fiesta Chicken ThighsPrint Recipe
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs 6-8 pieces
- 0.25 cup taco seasoning or 1 oz packet
- 8 oz tomato sauce 1 can
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn drained and rinsed
- Add chicken to slow cooker pot
- Coat evenly with taco seasoning
- Add tomato sauce, beans, and corn
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6hr (or high for ~3hr)Internal temperature needs to reach 165F
- Remove chicken from mixture & shred
- Return chicken to pot and mix well
- Serve in burrito bowls, taco salads, quesadillas, etc!